1. Human connection pays huge dividends
- Broader social networks and more social activity result in later onset and slower rates of cognitive & physical decline
- Marriage keeps you alive longer (7-17 years longer for men; 5-12 years longer for women)
2. Knowing when to turn off your screens enriches your life
- “Attention is the most basic form of Love” – John Tarrant
3. We can engineer our lives to combat isolation
- What could you do this week to build or strengthen the social relationships you have in your life – dinner with your spouse? Call an old friend? Plan a family vacation?
4. Pursuing meaning and connection – not happiness – is what makes us happier
- What brings the most meaning to your life? How can you incorporate more of that into your days?
Wishing you success in all aspects of life,
Founder and President
Smart Health Wellness and Performance